BAUM CYCLES RISTRETTO is one of the two steel road racing bikes manufactured by the Australian handcrafter. Launched in 1996, the purpose of the brand, owned by Darren Baum, is to build a bike that you will love to ride ten years from now. A bike that is super-fast, light and comfortable but with a high quality beyond all those superlatives. To build these steel frames, BAUM CYCLES mainly uses steel tubes from Columbus, Reynolds and Dedacciai.
The BAUM RISTRETTO is the only BAUM steel road race bike imported in Europe by BUREAU FIDDER based in The Netherlands, while the other model BAUM CORTADO remain only available for Australian customers.
Traditionally crafted in Australia, the design, tubes machining, bottom brackets, headtube, dropouts, butting, shaping, heat-treating and painting are completed at BAUM CYCLES headquarters to ensure absolute control. To machine all parts in house allow to optimise the alignment, weight and stiffness. It is a real work of excellence / art to provide customers a long life and reliable bike.
The BAUM RISTRETTO core spirit is to be a racing machine with short chain-stays for the reactivity and fast handling, but thanks to the use of steel it keep a relative comfort for long ride.
It is handmade and each frame is handcrafted from Columbus, Reynolds, Dedacciai premium tube-set and chain stays are made of stainless steel. There are no special set of tubes pre-indicated because as it is bespoke, the model, the length, the thickness and the profile of each tube is designed to fit how you ride, who you are and what you really plan to do with the bike. The frame can be built either from regular thin tubes or oversized steel tubes.
As all handcrafted frames, many options are available : Enve 1.0 or Enve 2.0 fork, Disc brakes mount, Di2/EPS/eTap ready, track or singlespeed horizontal dropouts is you prefer simplicity and low maintenance....and even rack eyelets to suit Tubus Fly (sold with the frameset if rack eyelets are requested) if you wish to use the RISTRETTO for bike-touring over more than one day.
BAUM CYCLES propose to built your frame made to measure. Many possibilities are available to get the right bike.
- You can visit your distributor or any of its local representative like SFS PERFORMANCE in France to talk about your current bike, what you like and do not like and what do you plan to do with the BAUM RISTRETTO. Then you start for a bike fitting session.
- If you are too far from any local representative, you can send result from any bike fitting session like FITKIT, BIORACER or else. Then they will built the bike from that result.
- If you feel well on your current bike, you can send the current geometry also..
- If you do not wish to go for a made to measure BAUM RISTRETTO, then you can pick the most relevant size from the standard sizing charts available on BAUM CYCLES website.
Regarding the paint-job, more than 30 nuances are available as standard but you can get a custom paintwork that says something about you. In any case, the frame, the fork the stem, the seat post and if desired the handlebars are painted by BAUM CYCLES with the exact same finish. With so much attention to details, the RISTRETTO looks amazing.
Price for a frame-set: 5150 euros including Chris king head-set, 3T stem painted by Baum and ENVE Seat post painted by Baum / option for an ENVE Fork or stem is about 100 euros.
Weight : please contact your distributor for any estimation.
- Custom fit geometry
- Fully T.I.G. welded
- Custom blended Columbus, Reynolds and Dedacciai premium tube set
- Custom drawn stainless steel chain stays
- Anti-corrosion treatment (all tubes, inside-out)
- Custom lightened BB shell
- Butted and relieved head tube
- Fully painted finish with airbrushed logos
- 3T Funda Team fork and Chris King headset
- 130mm spacing
- 68mm bottom bracket shell (English thread)
- ENVE 1.0 or 2.0 forks
- ENVE Stem
- Disc Brakes - 135mm hub spacing
- Custom paint – Non standard colours
- Name on top tube
- Di2/EPS/eTap frame integration
- Rack eyelets to suit Tubus Fly
- Track or singlespeed dropouts
- Standard Sizes